Sorry for my absence lately however I have been taking a little blogging and challenges break as I enjoy the holidays. Tis the season after all! 🙂
I wanted to pop in for a moment and share with you a legit delicious dinner of mine that I have been enjoying lately.
It’s super easy, nutritious, nourishing, satisfying and amazing for batch cooking which would last for several meals throughout the week.
What you need
- Assortment of root/starchy veggies – I like using sweet potato, regular potato and carrots
- Mix of non starchy veggies: I like to use a mix of bell peppers, red onion and broccoli
- Mixed beans or black beans
- Lemon and lime to squeeze over the beans and to finish off your plate
- Whatever grain you prefer (brown rice, cous cous, quinoa etc)
- Leafy greens like spinach or kale
- Optional: creamy dairy free dressing (here I have made a homemade garlicy tahini dressing)
- Hot sauce
Throw it all together on a plate or for a kick ass burrito bowl type meal. My Husband even loved it and was satisfied without the typical protein of chicken or beef. He even made some homemade guacamole to go with it the second time we had it this month 🙂
I enjoy having these kind of meals to break up some of the heavier holiday meals that December is kinda known for.
Let me know if you try it out! 🙂